Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 25, 2008

McLean Blvd
















Well this will be a marathon post. I have fallen 2 weeks behind. So this goes from 10-13 till this am. I started back to work last week, and now each day is either work or to the hospital. I meet myself coming and going and hope I go to work on the right day! So by the time I get home in the evenings we're trying to find something to eat or go to Nana's for supper (THANKS MOM!) and then I crash with Jenna in her bed a view hours before I get up and pump and go crawl in my bed. So I'm actually going to get this written this morning while Jenna is at mini cheerleading camp if it kills me.

Monday 10-13, Jenna came with me to the hospital since they had a day off from school. Their weights and lengths as of the 13th were; Ricky:weight: 5lbs. 5oz length: 16.34 inches; Heath: weight:5lbs 6oz length:16.93inches; Ty: weight: 4lbs 15oz length: 16.93inches; Leah:weight:4lbs 7oz length: 16.54inches. Ricky and Heath had their repeat head sonograms today to followup from the last one. All was normal, no worries!! No change in their feed amounts today. Ricky still on 2L/nc, Heath on 1/2L/nc, Ty off O2, and Leah is on 1L/nc. Leah bwas little blah today, not as perky as usual, so they checked her hematocrit to see if she was anemic and a CRP, it checks or picks up on if there's an infection in their system. Her hematocrit was a little low at 29.6 . The poor girl needed to poop! which I think was her main problem. If they get too backed up they start getting symptomatic (need more O2 when eating, desats more, doesn't eat well). Jenna loves to fix their beds when she comes to visit. Today she changed all their bedding and color coordinated their blankets and their sheets to a T. It's so sweet because while she's changing it and I'm holding them, she'll talk to and say for example, "Ty, Sissy is changing your bedding for you." It's so adorable and loving. Another thing that cracks me up is that Jenna is my own personal cheerleader when it comes to me having to go pump to express my breast milk at home. I usually tell her I'm going to pump in case she needs anything and she breaks into a cheer that the cheerleaders use during the football games, "Pump, Pump, Pump it up!" Thanks Jenna for your support and for the laugh!

Tuesday 10-14, was my first day back to work. My first case was assisting on a 4 hour parathyroidectomy with Dr. Frazier. All in all the day went good, they went easy on me. It felt good to be there with my surgery family again, but still hard to not be with my babes! All the babies got their feeds increased by 2cc's today. Leah got her iron increased and got another suppository to help her poop. Ricky was turned down to 1L/nc of O2. Ricky, Heath, and Leah nippled every other feed and Ty 2 out of 3 feeds were nippled. Leah got big results with the supp. which in turn she perked up more today.

On Wednesday, 10-15, I was back to see the babes bright and early! Randy came with me since it was his day off. I was asking Dr. Levy how he was going to send them home, as one gets ready or 2 at a time, etc. He said he wouldn't hold one up to come home to wait on the others. He looked at Ty and said, "may 1 1/2 -2 weeks." I said, "from my due date?" "No, from today." I was a little surprised to hear that, but glad to know we're getting close! Leah got her 2nd suppository today to make sure she was good and cleaned out. She also was started on Zantac 2mg every 8 hrs because we also believe she's having reflux issues which is also affecting her O2 sat, making her drop during her feeds.

Thursday 10-16 the babies were all switched to open cribs!!Ricky, Heath, and Leah were also switched from the blended O2 to just the wall O2 hook ups and on the lowest at 1/16 L/nc. I got to breastfeed all 4 today and they are getting better at it. Leah is the champ breastfeeding for 20 and 30minutes. Heath is the laziest right now. He gets comfortable and crashes. Can't wake the boy up for nothing. I got to hold all four today! It was so much fun and felt so good to have them all together again! They loved it! I had to sign consents for their 2 month shots , 20 of them! Today was also my niece, Mollie's 13th birthday. Happy Birthday Girl!!












Friday 10-17, they babies are now 35 weeks gestation. I had to work but Randy was able to go see them. All were doing great. Leah is feeling so much better after starting her Zantac. She's now eating as much as the big boys, 45-50cc! Today they were trying her on room air. Heath and Ricky still at 1/16/nc.

Saturday10-18, Jenna and I headed up for a visit. Randy staye behind to help out at the workday on the room addon. Leah lasted about 18hours on room air but them had to go back on 1/16 L; no big deal we just try again another day! Leah, Ty , and Ricky breastfed good today. Heath is till the sleepy one. Heath christened me today, the first of many to come! Jenna did a wonderful job again today with their beds. Leah was changed to nipple 2out of 3 feeds today and had to have another suppository. the dr. says don't worry that she's having to have help so much, very common in preemies. They got their vaccinations today! Lots of squealing going on! But they all did well, didn't cry for long. they got Tylenol for 24 hrs so that made me happy.

Sunday 10-19, was my sister, Kristi's birthday. No I won't divulge the number! Here's weights and lengths as of Sunday the 19th: Ricky: 5lbs 13oz 18.3 inches long; Heath: 5lbs 15 3/4oz 18.7 inches long; Ty: 5lbs 4.14oz 18.5 inches long; Leah:4lbs 12.2 oz 18.5 inches long. they tried to wean Ricky and Heath off the O2 today, but didn't want any part of it. So back on the wiff of 1/16 and sats right back to 100. We're going to have to trick them to get them off. They took Leah off at midnight and was still off that afternoon. Ty still doing good off O2 also. Ricky is at 50ml every other feed nipple, Heath 50cc every other feed nipple, Ty 45ml nipple every 2 out of 3 feeds, and Leah45-50ml and changed her to nipple every feed this afternoon. Ashley didn't get to come visit since there was a virus circulating in her house. Mollie came with us and got to hold everyone.
I had to work both Monday and Tuesday, which was hard not seeing the babies 2 days in a row! I was stressin by Tuesday because I had not had any physical contact with them! But, I know the nurses were loving on them for me, thanks Lisa, Elizabeth, and Shayla! Leah went back on O2 at a 1/16th and backed her down to 2 out of 3 feeds. Turning off her O2 and increasing her feeds at the same time was a little much for her. Ty was switched to every other feed since he had some desats and brady's with his feed today. Ricky and Heath were both lazy eater too this am. They all did better in the afternoon and night feeds.

Tuesday 10-21, working, and needing a baby fix! Randy and my brother in law, Brad, have been bustin their butts working on the room and bath to get it ready to be tape and bedded and texture. All the boys are still nipple every other feed and Leah 2 out of 3. Leah hit 5lbs 1oz today!!They were good, sweet little ones all day.

Wednesday, 10-22, I headed out bright and early to see my little ones. I get there by or as close to 9 as possible to do the 9 o'clock feeds. When I'm there, I now breast feed all the times they can nipple feed instead of a bottle. Great bonding time for us all. I love this time I have with them! All the boys still nipple every other and Leah went back to nipple every feed. they took Ricky off his O2 yesterday since most of the time he had it in his mouth or up on his forehead and satting high 90's to 100. He did have to have it on when he nippled, but then right back off when he was done. Heath was off his O2 this am doing good. he does desat a little with his feeds, so we can use O2 with him also. All of them breastfed great today. Heath is still poky but he hit 6lbs 2oz today!Ricky is on his tail at 5lbs 15 1/2 oz. I was talking to Dr. Levy about anything special I needed to make sure I had before they got home and his response was, "beds". I told him well of course and I wish they could co bed here because that's what they'll do at home. The nurses said they hadn't been able to co bed babies so a while, but Dr. Levy said we could and he wrote the order! Yeah! They are so happy together in their beds! Their temperatures and their Sats are better. they may whack each other now and then, but doing good!

Thursday, 10-23, Ricky and Ty are now nipple every feed, same as Leah. Heath is still 2 out of 3, but hopefully will change in a few days. The kiddos had their 3rd eye exam today. All the boys came back at stage 0, normal and will follow up in 9 months. Leah had a stage 1 on her left eye which is mild, so he'll recheck her in 2 weeks or before she goes home. Last night Shayla had them all dressed in there pumpkin outfits after their baths. So we had to take group pumpkin pictures again! they are soooo adorable!!! I love it that they are now getting rolls on their little legs! Randy and Brad worked till 4:30 this morning finishing up so because the tape and bed guys were coming at 8:30. Way to go guys!!! Awesome Job!!

Friday, 10-24, so sad because I had to work again! Busy day too. Randy went to love on the kiddos today. Ricky was still 5lbs 15oz; Heath 6lbs 3oz; Ty 5lbs 7oz, and Leah 5lbs 2oz.

3 comments:

kippy kowgirl said...

Teenie, girl, you must be taking SUPER MOM pills are somthing! How in the world are you gonna still work? Unbelievable! The babies are all just absolutley precious and my how they are growing. you look great too by the way, I gues you probably stay so busy, you don't have time to eat! take care girl and give those little ones kisses for me, Love Ya, Jamie cozby

Shelley said...

Sounds like it won't be long before they are home. It is so wonderful not to have to make that trip to the NICU again.

Shelley
www.randallandshelleybarron.blogspot.com

Cassidy said...

Happy 3 month birthday !!
we haven't news since 3 weeks, I hope that no news = good news with a busy mom to 4 babies at home.
God bless