Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 1, 2008

1st blog!

Well here it goes. I officially have set up a blog but am pretty much clueless from here! So bare with me folks! Family and friends have urged me to get a blog going, so sense I have so much time on my hands here in the hospital I figured why not. As of today I am 24 weeks pregnant with QUADS! We are having 3 boys and 1 girl. Randy and I also have 2 more children; Ashley who is 12 and Jenna who's 6. So the blog is born, "McLean, Party of Eight". I was admitted to the hospital on July 22nd at 22 weeks and 4 days. I had come in for my weekly check with Dr. Tabor, never imagining I would be staying for good. We had talked the week before that I would probably be here to stay at 24 weeks, not 22. My cervix had shortened to 2.02cm and my fetal fibronectin test came back positive, which is an indicator for preterm labor. I had that feeling even before the test came back positive that I would be staying, but I held out hope untill he came out and got me an hour later. By the look on his face I knew that this was it. His mind was made up, the test just gave him another reason. He knows what's best for us and wants to keep me and the babes out of trouble, God bless him! So here we are till they arrive.

2 comments:

Barbara aka Nana said...

OK the third times the charm, right?! I really am glad you now have this blog, I am learning alot about navigating here! I now have a google accn't. Just want you to know Eldorado is praying for the McLeans and Aunt B is working on blankets. They will be well traveled by the time you get them, I take it with me to playdays, NM, where ever. Love to all, Aunt B

Touraine Bellah said...

Wow girl! I just can't believe you're having four babies! You look great! Wish I could be there to help... I hope you are doing well. Cierra was looking at a picture today with her friends from the pre-k splash day (yep, long time ago)... she talked about how she misses her friends (Jenna was included in the pic). All the best to you and your family! It's great how the community is helping out... what a true blessing. I'll keep you and your 4 little ones in my prayers!! and of course, all of the family as well. Take care!!
Love,
Touraine