Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Oh, Do You Know the Muffin Man?"

The Muffin Man in my house is Roo. Ricky is my early bird! He's always up before anyone else and many mornings lately, it's even before 7am! Sometimes he'll lay down with me and go back to sleep, but not always. So on the morning of July 26th, he helped me mix up muffins.

Testing to see if it tastes alright.

"Hmm. This one looks like it's too full. I'll just take a dab out."

More taste testing.


Ricky's new silly little grin! He cracks me up how he squints his eyes and puckers up into a grin.


"Let's see if I can whack these pans with my spatula."


Face all cleaned up. Now just waiting on the muffins to get done.


Pretty tasty! Roo climbed right up and took a seat at the table.

In the mornings in knows he has to be quiet. He will walk to Jenna's bedroom door and put his finger up to his mouth and say"Shhhh." I'm beginning to think he likes his time alone with me in the mornings. And he's usually the only one who might wake up in the middle of the night too. We'll curl up on the couch together, with him on my chest (which is getting harder as he gets bigger). We'll both crash and then sometime later, I wake up and back to bed he goes. Can't say that I mind it sometimes. It's nice to have some one on one snuggle time with any one of them when I get the chance. :)

No comments: